Thursday, August 21

wakeboarding, I like!

Everyone has definitely get interested in some of the sports as well, including me! I love beach/volley ball, bowling and wakeboarding. From all of them, I love wakeboarding the most! Well, what is wakeboarding? Wakeboarding is a surface water sport which lead by a speedboat. It was developed through a combination of water skiing, snowboarding and surfing techniques. Trust me people, wakeboarding is a really cool sport to have! The wakeboarder is towed behind the boat which is approximately 30km/hour depending on the water condition, wakeboarder's weight, board size, and most importantly is the wakeboarder's personal preference. As I know so far, wakeboarding can be performed on both speedboat and cable. On the cable will be slightly faster than the speedboat speed. It is about 50km/hour. However, the board is buoyant, can be made in... Er, I-have-absolutely-no-idea-what, but I'm sure that metal screws are inserted on the board to attach the binding and fins. Again, what is binding? The binding is the thing which allows the wakeboarder to fit their ankle into it, and it's adjusted as well. What is the purpose of the fin? The fin is according to the wakeboarder preference and it is able to adjust as well to perform different types of tricks. For me, I always attached shallow fin on my wakeboard which the fin isn't jutting deep into the water. I am still in the process of learning, so I get shallow fin and it allows me to do surface spin as well. Also, molded fins are the most used type because it creates lesser drag during wakeboarding on the water. To know more about the configuration and positioning the fin(s) and bindings, first, find out your preference in wakeboarding. There are different types of fin, for example, long based fins, multi-set-up fins, molded fins, shallow fins, canted side fins, cupped side fins and no fins. All of these fins are set up for different types of trick and effects which wakeboarder is choose to perform on the surface of the water. Nonetheless, the size of the board, the width, the length does matter too! They create different effects on the wakeboarding skill.

Wakeboarding contains lots of skills and tricks. From what I've picked up so far are backside start, surface 180 degree spin, and no handle. It is really nice to be picking up some new skills in wakeboarding. Time is definitely what you and I need to be learnt.

Standing on the sea side or lake side, seeing those wakeboarder riding on their board, flowing on the surface of the water is so relaxing and effortless, right? Lemme tell you... NO!!! Beginner needs to know how to use the "handle" properly, such as pulling to your right side is to move your board to your left, and vice versa. Besides that, beginner wakeboarder does not be able to ride on the wakeboard but kneeboard. What is kneeboard? It is a bigger board that fits your knee in (while you bending your leg). Normally, beginner need to take quite awhile to get used to to the speed and the condition of the water. Wakeboarding is not a easy sport though, I might add.

BOAT!!! A extremely important equipment to this sport. Don't have to worry people, you don't have to get a boat to learn wakeboarding. That might be costing a lot eh? Seriously, it's not necessarily to do that. In fact, every places are providing everything that convenient for people who go to wakeboard. Well, whoever onwned the boat and also a wakeboarder, they need to build up the specialized equipments as well. Such as the wakeboarding tower which normally constructed of thick-walled stainless steel or alluminium tubing. The wakeboarding tower is to place the "pull-point" about 7 feet off the water's surface. The higher "pull-point" is to easy the wakeboarder to performs jumping, flipping and also easy the wakeboarder to control their board. A lot more to know for the wakeboarding boat, and sadly, I couldn't understand some of the equipment needs.
Learning wakeboarding isn't easy at all, as I said, but praticing and if-you-really-enjoying-the-sport will make a difference. I love it so much! Time is what I need! I hope I can pick up some more new tricks as well. Besides that, KITEBOARDING is as fun as wakeboarding too! GO try kiteboarding too!!! Some people said wakeboarding is for rich people. What does that mean actually? I think whoever said so is crazy, and I think rich people never play extreme sport like wakeboarding or kiteboarding, but sport like tennis, golf, soccer and etc. However, give wakeboarding a try! Play safe and have fun people!!!











0 wrote a note:

 
template by suckmylolly.com